DENIM REFASHIONNING IDEA
I have to admit I can be quite girly girl girl and when it’s time to add ruffles somewhere I’m usually first in line. To my very delight this summer, ruffles is massive trend and so is funky denim hems of all types. I simply joined those two trends and sew-on a ruffles onto the hem of one of my old pair of jeans. The result is great and as per usual, I wanted to share how to make it with you. Go girls let’s ruffle-up!
TO MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU WILL NEED:
- Our downloadable pattern:) Get it here
- One pair of skinny jeans…straight or wide leg depend which result you are aiming for:)
- Some leftover denim scraps from a previous project. It is better to use lightweight fabric.
- About 30cm elastic
- STEP 1 Bevel-cut the hem of your jeans
- STEP 2 Download our pattern
- STEP 3 Trace and cut. You need 4 pieces.
- STEP 4 Sew together the outer lateral
- STEP 5 Measure from the center to the outer side of your jeans hem and multiply by two this mesure. This will give you the correct length needed for your elastic you will use to gather your ruffle.
- STEP 6 Sew on the elastic
- STEP 7 Compare the length of your ruffle with the length of your hem and cut the exceeding fabric. As all jeans are different size I made the pattern wider.
- STEP 8 Sew the inseam together
- STEP 9 Fix the ruffle to the jeans
- STEP 10 Repeat all these steps for the other side
SHARE YOUR WORK
Would love to see what you came up with! #denimupcyler