EASY SEWING PROJECT FOR DENIMLOVERS
If you sometime have a hard time to dominate your hair situation this Kumi is the perfect fashion accessory for you. It really fit all face types. I’ve sold a bunch and made one to all of my friends and even daughter’s friends and they always looks good!
Plus you can be creative and style it in many different ways.
This upcycling sewing project is done in no time and is quite an easy DIY.
TO MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU WILL NEED
- This Kinsu pattern:)
- For personal license downloadable pattern click here
- For commercial license downloadable pattern click here
- Denim scraps, I suggest lighter weight jeans
- Coated wire
ABOUT THIS PRINTABLE PDF PATTERN
- It’s printable in US letter format
- It’s in black and white
- The instruction are in french and english
- There is 4 pages
- It’s available for personal use or commercial license
HEADBAND TUTORIAL VIDEO
- STEP 1 – Make shorts with your old fav jeans and keep the bottom leg
- STEP 2 – Turn the leftover bottom jeans legs right side in
- STEP 3 – Trace twice the pattern in order to get 4 pieces
- STEP 4 – Pin, cut and notch
- STEP 5 – Sew middle seams together to get one front and one back piece
- STEP 6 – Sew front and back together from one notch to the other
- STEP 7 – Trim both tips with scissor 2mm from seam
- STEP 8 – Turn right side out
- STEP 9 – Make a loop with both tips of the metal wire
- STEP 10 – Insert the coated metal wire inside the piece
- STEP 11 – Carefully fold in seam allowance before topstitching from one notch to the other.
SHARE YOUR WORK
I would be so glad to see your work! @kinsu_atelier #denimupcycler