THE PERFECT DIY SEWING GIFT FOR A FRIEND OR YOURSELF:)
Even if it is a cozy Sunday afternoon after two lattes and a newspaper, we still want a cute shopping bag to match our lazy outfit as we head to the market! This reusable and fully vegan shopping bag is the perfect fashion accessories for just messing around and lazing about while carrying any and all of our odds and ends around town.
This summer you may have turn your favorite old pair of jeans into denim shorts and you wonder what to do with the leftover denim scraps? Here is a great upcycling idea to reuse your old jeans into something fabulous.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS SEWING PROJECT
- This Kinsu printable pattern;)
- Personal license downloadable pattern click here
- Commercial license downloadable pattern click here
- Two pairs of old jeans. Men jeans are more likely to give optimal result for this project as they generally are heavier and have less stretch
DENIM BAG DIMENSIONS
- Width: 17”1/4 (44 cm)
- Length: 21” (53.5 cm)
ABOUT THE PDF PRINTABLE PATTERN
- It’s printable in US letter format
- It’s in black and white
- It has 8 pages
- Available with personal and commercial license
HEADBAND TUTORIAL VIDEO
- STEP 1 Once the pattern printed. Stick all pieces together. Put some great music on or head to one of my favorite podcast Conscious Chatter. For the perfect ambiance while sewing:)
- STEP 2 Trace and cut
- STEP 3 Sew both A pieces with the reverse side of the fabric face to face at 1 cm from the edges
- STEP 4 Open the seam allowance and top stitch it at 5mm from edges. Repeat same operation on the other A pieces
- STEP 5 Overlay one of B pieces at 1cm from A edges and sew a 2 needles stitch at 3mm from the edges. Repeat same operation on each side of both B pieces.
- STEP 6 Take some of your old shoelace and fix them on middle seam
- STEP 7 Fix applique, Now watch out not over stitching the shoes lace just like me!
- STEP 8 Double stitch the bottom of the bag. With the bag right side in.
- STEP 9 Overlay C pieces together riverside face to face and top stitch all around it.
- STEP 10 Fix the tip of C with the tip of B reverse side face to face. Make this step on both side
- STEP 11 To have a nice fray effect use sand paper to fray the edges
SHARE YOUR WORK
I am SO curious to see your finished product! Share your work by tagging me and #denimupcycler